Rebasoft is committed to supporting the UK Government’s vision for Corporate Social Responsibility in terms of businesses taking account of their economic, social and environmental impacts, specifically:
- Conducting business in a way that delivers economic, social and environmental benefits
- Innovating and developing the application of best practices.
- Ensuring best practice in areas such as health and safety, the environment and equal opportunities
- Balancing profit and success with the achievement of social and sustainability goal
- Supporting the local community and social causes
COMMITMENT TO CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Rebasoft recognises that its operations have an effect on the communities and environment in which it operates. In light of this, the company is committed to operating in a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner.
LOCAL COMMUNITY & SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
We are always on the lookout for ways that the company can play its part within the local community. Each Year Rebasoft staff chooses a local charity to be the company’s Nominated Charity. Previous recipients have been Daisy’s Dream, which makes dreams come true for terminally ill children.
- Nominated charities must be based or active within the Twyford or Berkshire area
- Charities cannot be nominated if they were chosen the previous year
- Where appropriate, Rebasoft will make a donation to match staff fundraising efforts
Our company also chooses to support other national fundraising events such as Comic Relief and Children In Need.
We are committed to ensuring that we provide a healthy and productive environment in which to work. We take pride in our pleasant working environment and are pleased to offer Gym Membership to all employees to encourage a healthy and active lifestyle and to maintain work/life balance.
We focus hard on recruiting and retaining the best people, recognising their achievements and rewarding their efforts. Rebasoft fully supports the Government’s Apprenticeship Scheme, providing young people with paid work and training.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROGRAMME & OBJECTIVES
Whilst Rebasoft does not produce any emissions or pollutants that come under the Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control Regulations issued by DEFRA, the company has identified that its most significant impacts on the environment include:
- Disposal and recycling of waste (including paper, consumables and electronic equipment)
- Energy & water usage
- Transport and shipping
- Purchase of consumables
- Maintenance of buildings
Methods for meeting the objectives within the Environmental Management Programme include:
- Designated bins for recycling and sustainable disposal of waste
- Minimising unnecessary water and energy usage and waste
- Minimising unnecessary travel and shipping
- Purchasing consumables in an environmentally sustainable manner
- Ensuring buildings are maintained to minimise environmental impact
It is our aim at Rebasoft to create an environment that encourages and values diversity within its workforce and builds on the differences individuals bring, enabling the Company’s continued success. We aim to draw upon the widest possible range of views and experiences in order to meet the changing needs of our staff, clients and partners.
We seek to promote diversity and to respond to the needs of all individuals in a fair and equitable manner, whilst observing our commitment and responsibility to current legislation.
HEALTH & SAFETY
It is the Company’s duty to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all employees. In particular this relates to:
- Maintaining healthy and safe premises, as well as a healthy and safe working environment
- Providing and maintaining safe systems at work
- Providing health and safety information and training
- Publishing and regularly updating a Company Safety Policy
- Ensuring safety in the use of equipment
ETHICAL PURCHASING & PROCUREMENT
Rebasoft is committed to procuring its works, goods and services in an ethical and environmentally sensitive way, yet with proper regard to its commercial obligations, ensuring that suppliers deliver to agreed timescales, quality and cost.
Purchasing is undertaken in a manner that encourages competition whilst offering fair and objective evaluation of offers from all potential suppliers.
This policy will be reviewed regularly and may be altered from time to time in light of legislative changes or other prevailing circumstances.