Secure Internet of Things
Rebasoft solves the problem of securing IoT devices; most can’t run software agents (such as anti-virus) making them vulnerable. Security is often not designed in, meaning hackers can easily gain control; causing outages on production lines, denial of service attacks or stealing data
- How do I find all IoT devices connected to the network?
- How do I monitor the behaviour the IoT devices we have?
- How can I protect IoT devices from compromise?
- How can I protect critical business processes from issues with supporting IoT devices?
IoT covers a diverse range of network connected devices; specialised sensors and actuators designed to collect and exchange data. Increasing use of IoT is driving explosive growth in numbers; circa 30% year-on-year. It is estimated that there will be 30 billion devices by 2020. How many are on your network?
Rebasoft helps secure IoT in two key ways:
- Rebasoft Knowledge™ is an effective way of discovering and classifying all IoT devices. Rebasoft does not require software agent installation nor rely on regular scanning. Discovery is via the network - the only reliable method to ensure complete coverage of all connected systems. Rebasoft Knowledge™ forms a reliable, always-on, unique, Golden Source of IoT inventory state that is accurate, eliminates manual processes and can find those unknown or forgotten, vulnerable systems
- Rebasoft’s malware and hack detection facilities allow IoT systems to be profiled and monitored. It provides vital protection for IoT devices that cannot be protected due to technical or economic reasons. Rebasoft achieves all this without expensive equipment needed to probe the network. It can be applied to any IoT system
Rebasoft scales from hundreds to hundreds of thousands of end points protected
IoT systems often use light-weight or custom operating systems to keep cost & complexity down. This has led to concerns that security, if any, is an after-thought, making IoT devices vulnerable in two key areas:
- Computer attacks – such as denial of service or spreading of malware where the IoT device is used as part of the attack. Some attacks can change the operation of the device causing damage
- Data interception and theft, either directly from the sensor or being used as a sensor to “sniff” data and send it out of your network
Complete network coverage
Using the network ensures any system connection is seen and assessed in real-time, reducing the time that cyberthreats remain un-detected
Network based discovery
Improves discovery rates over and above scanning
Production lifecycle controls
Ensuring the system easily copes with your infrastructure changes; not becoming an inhibitor to operational needs
Probe-less / agent-less
Reduced cost & complexity in deployment and on-going operations
Extensive API support
Works with and makes your existing security controls more effective
Scales easily from hundreds to hundreds of thousands of end points protected