OS Migration with Rebasoft
Remediation of non-supported/end-of-life OS instances is a higher priority as a result of recent, high profile ransomeware incidents, such as Wannacry. Rebasoft supports OS migrations through full inventory of eligible systems and options to monitor and protect what cannot be upgraded.
- How do I ensure all eligible systems are upgraded?
- What do I do about embedded applications that cannot be migrated?
- How can I track progress?
Rebasoft helps OS migration projects in two key ways:
- Rebasoft Knowledge™ is an effective way of discovering and classifying all candidate systems. Unlike manual, or domain-only methods, Rebasoft discovers all vulnerable systems and assesses them for upgrade eligibility. Traditional asset tools either require software installation or rely on regular scanning which can miss systems; malware only requires one unprotected system to gain a foothold. Rebasoft avoids this.
It forms a reliable, always-on, unique, Golden Source of inventory state that is accurate, eliminates manual processes and can find those unknown or forgotten, vulnerable systems
- Malware and hack detection facilities allow systems to be monitored during migration and provides vital protection for systems that cannot be migrated due to technical or economic reasons
Rebasoft’s achieves all this without expensive equipment needed to probe the network or installing software agents on PC’s & servers to collect data. It can be applied to Windows, MAC and Linux systems, whether PC’s, Servers or embedded devices such as EPOS systems.
Identify all systems affected by the migration
Probe-less / agent-less
Discover desired systems and details without the cost & complexity in deployment
Deep discovery of all installed applications and hardware - sufficient for MAPS purposes
Agentless/probless baselining of all traffic, volume, locations and client systems affected
Track progress & impact befire, during and after migration
Where migration is not possible, identify and remediate any abnormal behaviour